As “Baku International Sea Trade Port" CJSC our main goal is to create safe work environment during operation activities on the bases of existing local and international regulations without damaging the members of the community, people's health and property, equipment, cargo and environment.
This Policy has been established in the best interest of each stakeholder of the Company on the basis that safety of our employees and protection of the environment from the pollution is essential for the successful conduct and future growth of our business.
“Baku International Sea Trade Port” Closed Joint Stock Company (Company) believes that all accidents can be prevented and that safety is an integral component of everyone’s job.
We also consider protection of the environment as an important function in all our daily activities. We aim to provide safe work environment to all our employees and port users.
All above mentioned is reflected in our procedures, guidelines, programs and practices.
Company’s Safety Vision:
The Company’s vision is to become a leading international multi-purpose port and logistics hub in Eurasia, with a robust safety culture committed towards sustaining the goal of injury free workplace and zero harm to the environment.
Company’s Safety Philosophy:
- All Accidents and Injuries can be prevented;
- We must be proactive in improving our safe working conditions;
- Working Safely is a condition of employment and responsibility of every employee.
To achieve our Vision, our Company shall:
- Implement, maintain and continuously improve Company’s Safety Management System;
- Comply with local HSE legislation and all aspects of the internationally recognized Occupational Health & Safety and Environment Management standards;
- Apply a “zero tolerance” policy to all behaviors that contribute to workplace incidents, environmental damage and have a negative impact on the sustainability of our business enterprise and safe working culture.
This Policy shall be reviewed at intervals not exceeding one year.
To realize our safety Vision, we will endeavor to meet and exceed the requirements of this policy through the commitment of all our Company’s employees and stakeholders.